The Payroll Specialist will assist in processing payrolls for multiple clients with multiple pay cycles, by taking on such tasks as processing and entering timesheets, providing excellent customer service, and assisting with payroll filing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Audit and reconcile wide range of personnel actions and payroll documents for more than 2000 employees.
- Process employee data (new hires, changes, additional earnings, garnishments)
- Process employee Time & Attendance data from the Time system to payroll and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the Time and payroll systems.
- Develop in depth understanding of Payroll Database to be able to create Ad-Hoc reports on demand
- Approve and release time in the time system.
- Process accurately employee pay.
- Ensure that clients’ payrolls are processed timely, accurately, and compliantly.
- Assist employees in registering for or resetting access to online portal.
- Provide customer service to employees: in the area of pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to their pay, how to enter time or time off , where to locate forms and information on company’s intranet, where to send completed forms, who to contact for benefit questions and how to obtain IRS instructions on withholding issues
- Understand all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations
- Set up and monitor PTO/Vacation plans
- General Ledger Maintenance (verify employee taxing as well as locations for worksite taxing).
- Applicant must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility
- Should be able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issue.
- Candidate should have good customer service and overall understanding of accounting, exposure to management reporting systems.
- The applicant should have strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years experience
- Associate Degree
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Understands payroll laws and regulation
- Experience with HRP (not required)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.sheakley.com/jobapplication →