Workers’ Compensation Services From Sheakley
Because Few Things Are More Important Than Your People
Workers’ compensation costs can be among the most complicated and expensive parts of doing business. We’ve worked with over 16,000 employers on all of their workers’ compensation needs since 1963 and we’re honored for the opportunity to do the same for you.
Costly Workers’ Compensation claims filed in 2015-16
Motor vehicle crashes
$73,000 per claim
Slip and falls
$46,000 per claim
Based on a study by National Safety Council
Breaking Things Down
The Costs of Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ compensation assures that injured workers get the medical care and compensation they need after getting hurt on the job.
- Ohio law requires employers to have workers’ compensation insurance for their entire workforce, quickly adding up to become a significant expense.
- Using a number of factors, the Ohio BWC determines an employer’s rate based on the work being done and the level of injury risk associated with it.
- Partnering with a Third Party Administrator (TPA) like Sheakley, gives you access to a wide variety of programs to minimize these costs.
Through Sheakley, you get access to a team of people with decades of combined experience between them – all of whom are dedicated to conducting a holistic review of the programs available to you so that you can make the best decision possible at all times and save a significant amount of money in the process.
Net cost of total premiums
Based on a study by Insurance Information Institute
Group Rating and Group Retrospective Rating Policy Administration
State Funded Workers’ Compensation
Group Rating Program Administration
A Group Rating discount program enables employers to group together by a similar industry and act as if they were one large company. This allows state-funded employers with minimal claim activity to pool together, ensuring they get access to lower premium costs by securing a larger discount than what they would receive individually.
- Combining claim history and rate calculations allows employers to take advantage of premium savings typically reserved for large organizations.
- Private employers can save up to a maximum of 53% (59% for Public Employers) of their state-funded premiums by pursuing opportunities like these – and that is exactly what we want to help you do.
Group Retro Program Administration
A Group Retro program is a performance-based incentive program created for employers to recover a large amount of their premium across three evaluation periods after the policy year ends. Employers will continue to pay their own individual premium with the opportunity to receive refund payments based on the performance of the group.
- 12, 24, & 36 months after the policy year, the BWC reviews the group’s claim history to determine the total group’s retrospective premium and if the retrospective premium is lower than the standard premium, a refund will be distributed to participants.
- This program provides many incentives to minimizing claim activity to help control and reduce loses – and we are here to help you maximize your savings potential.
If you’d like to get your free quote and thorough claims analysis, you can contact one of our Workers’ Compensation Specialists
Meet Our Workers’ Compensation Team
We focus on creating a seamless experience for our clients to help them navigate the complicated world of workers’ compensation. Our team brings with them an unmatched wealth of knowledge, expertise, and experience to help achieve that goal.
State Funded Workers’ Compensation
Sheakley can partner with your organization to create a tailored Plan of Action that is perfectly suited for your every need. We’re capable of assisting in a wide range of different areas including:
Professional guidance on factors like claim investigations, wage continuation, return-to-work options, vocational rehab, and more.
A dedicated team of professionals to assist employers with the settlement of claims
Underwriting & rating issues
Provide assistance to analyze the many different BWC programs like the One Claim Program, EM Capping, Destination Excellence, and more.
Provide ongoing advice and recommendations based on any BWC updates and new programs that are instituted.
Access to a committed team, including several attorneys on staff, who attend Industrial Commission hearings throughout the state.
Access to a dedicated team of experts who will review all eligible claims for potential handicap reimbursements due to a pre-existing condition.
$15,000 Medical Only Administration
Review and pre-price medical bills to the BWC fee schedule, supply vouchers for each medical bill, and provide an annual financial analysis with customized reports
hear it from our circle
For nearly 25 years Sheakley has been a partner in assisting Gold Star Chili supporting our Safety, MCO & TPA program efforts.
VP Human Resources, Gold Star Chili
Let’s Navigate the Complexities, Together
Our dedicated staff is also prepared to assist you in the development and administration of our Self-Insurance program. Not only can we help with claims and case management, but we also provide guidance in the following:
Medical Bill Adjudication
Review bills for accuracy, relatedness to the allowed conditions and more.
Conduct internal reviews of claims to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed
Create the proper safeguards against unauthorized use and disclosure of data that is sent to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – this is critical to Section 111 Mandatory Reporting
Annual Federal and State Filings
Our staff will generate and produce all required forms to file your annual 1099’s with the IRS and file your Report of Compensation form to the BWC on your behalf
The Partner You Need When You Need Us the Most
When you partner with Sheakley, you get access to a dedicated team of professionals who have decades of combined experience between them.
- For over 55 years, we have assisted businesses both large and small with navigating these complexities all across Ohio.
- Not only can we help make sure that you and your people are protected, we also take the administrative burden off your plate.
- Get back to what you do best – running the organization you’ve always dreamed of, free from worry or compromise.
TRUSTED BY TOP BRANDS
From safety to compliance & everything in between
The Sheakley Library
Receive the latest news, insights and resources that help you achieve your business goals.
Sunrise has been with Sheakley over a quarter of a century. We would never consider moving to another provider and would encourage other companies out there looking for someone to take care of them to come over to Sheakley. They have your best interest at heart. Thank you Sheakley!
Lindy Vogelsong , from Sunrise Equipment Company